Saturday, July 4, 2009

SWAZILAND!!!!

Four days after arriving in Zimbabwe from an awesome trip in Swaziland, I'm still being asked by my friends and family about how my trip went and my answer is still the same.......'it was AWESOME!!!!!'. I cannot explain comprehensively with words what I experienced while away in Swaziland. It was a trip that I had anticipated since Zinty left Zimbabwe in January. My heart has been longing for more time of getting to know my fiance ...

I arrived on a Friday night, three days before our planned arrival which meant that I was going to be in Swaziland for my birthday!!!The night of our arrival was a long night. I only went to bed at about 2am in the morning. The whole day had been filled with a strong sense of the presence of God and I felt Him confirm a lot of things to me throughout that day... This was so timely because I had the opportunity to share everything in person to my Zinty who was totally in sync with what I was feeling. Its an awesome feeling when you see just how much God, our Heavenly Father, pursues us, as His children. He is longing to give our lives purpose and fill our hearts with His love. For me that Friday was a day when I felt His touch in a fresh way, I felt my Heavenly Father giving me an assurance that there was a higher purpose for my life. I felt peace as I realized that He is in control, as I thought about the life that I get to live because of His sacrifice and His love- A FULL LIFE!!! A life filled with His provision, protection and purpose. I want more of the life that He gives and I'm OK with letting go of everything so that l can receive that life.

Saturday turned out to be a really good day and little did I know that Zinty had something cooking for me the next day(which was my birthday). I woke up the next day and tried to look as smart as possible and it was worth it because when I got to church Pastor Ben called me to the front of the church and had the whole church sing the birthday song for me which was really sweet. Then after church came the other surprises with Zinty taking me for a surprise outing and then taking me to hers and Sarah's place where there was a surprise party in store for me. That for me was the most amazing birthday I've ever had and it made me feel really special and welcomed in Swaziland!!!

Every other day that I spent on that trip was special. Zinty was awesome.!!!!! She went out of her way to make this trip a memorable one for me and for us. I came back more assured of her love for me and her commitment to us!!! l learned so much about her and got to live life together with her for three awesome weeks!!!!!!! There's so much more l can say but I'll just summarize it by saying 'Everything about that trip was special and it left me looking forward to living together with Zinty in Zimbabwe for the rest of my life'!! l grew a lot, learned a lot, lived life the way my fiance has lived it for a long time and it was good......

l am ready to be together with Zinty and share my life with her. Countdowns don't make sense until your loved one is 1000kms away from you and you cannot go to her until a certain date..........l'm counting down the days Zinty!!!!!!!

No comments: