Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My greatest need...my deepest desire!!!

I have had a hectic start to the week as I prepared to move into my new place and also got ready for the Mawabeni crusades. I haven't had it easy lately but things are certainly better than they have been in the past weeks. I particularly have been struggling with relationships. Somehow this has been the time when I thought i should be having it all easy but it seems to get harder and more challenging everyday. I wonder how Jesus would react to some of the stuff I go through(its definitely nowhere near the cross of Calvary but it is quite challenging for me). It seems like I'm going to have to find a new strategy to make things work because the current one is not giving me the desired results.....love as I have known it is going to have to be more sacrificial, life as I have known it is going to have to be lived with much more wisdom, trust as I have known it is going to have to be reserved for the trustworthy, faith is going to have to be much deeper and Jesus is surely going to have to be much closer for me to remain in Him through this phase.

Sometimes it all seems like God's plot for a higher purpose and that gives me hope..... but I wish He would tell me about it then I wouldn't be moved at all. I could just be still and know that He is God......maybe He has said it but I wasn't listening or have forgotten but all these are just possibilities because at the end of the day nothing can replace the great need that l have for Jesus at this very moment and for the rest of eternity to come. I'm glad l realize that because His Word clearly tells us about the goodness of waiting upon the Lord....how His mercy never fails and His love endures forever,how the greatest need we have is Him pouring out His fullness in us through Christ Jesus!....how His plans are for good and not for evil!!! When you really begin to think about it He is such an amazing God and He remains amazing even when we do a lousy job of trusting Him.

On another note, Shepherd( my close friend that I have been doing music with for a really long time) and I sang a beautiful song in the service this past Sunday.We definitely have come to a new stage in this singing ministry where its totally about Jesus......and its exciting. We desire more that the people would connect with God than with us and our very limited skill. Sunday is a day when l saw us coming closer to that place. Even at this place when we don't fully understand where this music thing will end up its still so much fun to do it as unto the Lord allow ourselves to learn what Jesus desires of us and let Him help us 'improve our serve'. I think there is is truly nothing like Jesus' love!!!!!

1 comment:

showstopper said...

"When you really begin to think about it He is such an amazing God and He remains amazing even when we do a lousy job of trusting Him."

...you have been such a perfect example to me of God's love for us, even when I do a lousy job of trusting you! :-)