Monday, March 16, 2009

praise

l am yet to meet someone who doesnt respond well to praise. Everytime somebody praises me l feel special, l feel that someone has understood me and appreciates my effort, l feel like doing what l've done over again because it feels right for me to do something and people show their approval by praising me. l know many people identify with this and we all know that the easiest way to get someone to stop what they're doin is to criticise them(not everyone though coz some people are juss a different breed/more like a mutant species)....

lt is with this understanding that you can begin to appreciate the many many times that you see the phrase 'praise the Lord' in the book of psalms and in the rest of the bible as well. My first encounter with the book of psalms left me wondering why a book with so much repetition would be so popular amoung most Christians,....why didnt the psalmist juss write 'praise the Lord' once, ...why did he have to repeat it again and again and again?

l'm sure he had realised juss how much God had done(or maybe he had realised that God had done so much that he could not count it all ).Hence he would juss say 'praise the Lord' at every interval because he knew God had done so much it was beyond what he could think or imagine or even count.l have realised that God has done so much. l cannot afford not to give Him praise. How l feel is not the yardstick that l use to measure how much praise is due to Him. He juss deserves praise and nothing will ever change that. The one song that has become a chorus in our church says "will above all else my purpose remain, the art of loosing myself in bringing you praise"

And so l have to remind myself to praise Him during those days when its easier not to praise Him. l guess the only qualification for God not to expect praise from you is when there is no breath in you as the bible clearly put it LET EVRYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD!!!

1 comment:

showstopper said...

Praise the Lord for giving me such an amazing man whose making this whole long distance thing something that I am learning from and even enjoying:-)...i love you!!!